Apple. inc has offered a variety of gadgets to ease our lifestyle. Airpods are among those products and launched Airpods (1st gen) in 2016. By now We can also see Airpods (2nd gen), Airpods Pro, and Airpods Max. These Airpods are just like another set of BlueTooth earphones in which the earpieces are kept in the case. The case charges the Earpieces and itself gets charged later. Many apple users are going through a common problem of Airpods case not charging.
In this article, we will discuss the possible reasons why the Airpods case is not charging. One of the major causes of this problem is the Software issue. It is easy as it seems. We will discuss the software issue later in this article. The problem may also arise due to the usage of improper USB lightning cables. So without wasting any time let’s discuss, “Why my Airpods case is not charging?”
- 1 How to Fix AirPods Case Not Charging Issue?
- 2 How to Prevent Airpods Case Not Charging?
- 3 Final Words
How to Fix AirPods Case Not Charging Issue?
Try all the methods given here for the best outcome.
1. Software Issue
There may be some software issues regarding Airpods, and you do not need coding skills to crack and solve the problem. You simply need to:
1. Locate the reset button already present on your Airpods.
2. Press the button for 15 seconds and you will observe the colors of the charging light changing.
3. Release the button when the light turns Amber and then white.
You have successfully restored the Airpods to the default setting. Try pairing with the device and check whether the Airpods case is charging or not. If resetting the Airpods case still does not work, try further steps before going to customer support.
2. USB Lightning Cable
There are various stances when the generic USB lightning cable provided with apple stops working. The user buys a much affordable non-generic lighting cable which may damage the Charging Case after prolonged use. Try using another Charging cable(Generic) of Suitable rating. Sometimes the charging cable being used may get damaged and hence the charging case may not get charged. Also, try the USB charging cable plugged into Macbook and check the compatibility of the cable.
3. Clean the Charging port
Most of the users carry the Airpods in a jeans pocket or a purse. Particles of dust or cloth fibers may stick in the Charging port of the Charging case. Try cleaning the charging port using a brush with soft bristles and avoid any damage to the port. You may use an earbud to clean the charging port but may prevent the cotton from getting stuck in the port. Air pressure can also be used to remove such dirt particles. This easy and quick fix can save you some bucks and trouble. Avoid the use of any liquid while cleaning the port as it may damage the port itself.
4. Water/Accidental Damage
Exposure to Moisture or direct contact with water may damage the charging pins of the Charging case. A flashlight can be helpful to detect such damage or customer support shall be contacted in this case. Sometimes exposure to the rain may also affect the charging of the port. Accidental damage to the Airpods Charging case may lead to the same problem. In this case, you can contact the service center and if under warranty can replace the particular part.
5. Discharge the Charging Case
Try completely discharging the Charging case and then plugging the charging cable as it will temporarily reset the software. Some studies show that charging after complete discharging resets the battery charging capability (if an issue already exists). Although discharging is not highly recommended as it may affect the battery life of the Case if done unnecessarily.
6. Update Airpods Firmware
Apple releases updates in the form of patches which are updated by pairing with an iPhone device or MacBook. As suggested earlier, this problem may be a bug and hence resolve the bug by updating the Firmware of the Airpods. Follow the steps and try resolving the bug:
1. Insert the AirPods in the Charging case and pair it to an iPhone or a MacBook.
2. Connect the Charging case to the power outlet or wireless charging pad (depends on the model of the Airpods).
3. Connect the IOS Device to a stable internet connection and the device will automatically search for updates or patches.
4. Look manually for the updates by going to the Settings>>General>>About>>Airpods.
5. Confirm the firmware update and update the Airpods (if any) by selecting the model no. of the device.
7. Contact Customer support
If none of the fixes works, contact the customer support staff. It is a Gadget and hence technicians, after analysis, will state the reason behind this issue. Generally, the battery of the charging case is replaced in such scenarios or replacement of the charging port is suggested.
The user can check the official website of Apple for the charges of the operation (replacement or repairs) and act accordingly. Contacting Service staff is highly recommended as a user may damage other parts while trying to repair the case himself.
How to Prevent Airpods Case Not Charging?
User must take some preventive measures to avoid such bugs or issues regarding Airpods Case not charging:
1. Use Airpods case covers available in the market. These cases help to prevent any damage to the Case directly as well as keeping the Charging port isolated from the external environment.
2. Use specific Charging Cables with a Genuine rating to avoid any damage to the Charging port.
3. Updating the software/ Firmwares timely to resolve such bugs.
4. Taking care of the Charging time and avoiding overcharging.
5. Cleaning the port in a week or two to avoid external damage to the charging ports.
There can be many causes for the AirPods not getting charged, we have tried to inform the users of the common possible causes of it by the means of this article.
If this problem occurs, a user should not take it lightly and take remedial actions. Preventive measures if taken in the first place properly may reduce the chances of occurrence of this issue.