Did you go to a party and lose the Airpods charging case? Did you leave your Airpods somewhere and are unable to collect the case? Are you left with a pair of AirPods just because they were still inside your ear when you lost the case? you must not worry because in this article we will discuss, Is there any way how to connect Airpods without a case? and if there is any, we will discuss the procedure of how to connect Airpods without a case?
Many readers may wonder why to get into a mess, rather buy a new pair. So for readers who are unaware of Apple Airpods, Airpods 2nd generation costs around Rs.13000/- INR or USD 160. So buying another pair is quite subjective. Now apple users who use Apple Airpods pro, which costs around Rs. 25,000/- INR or USD 335, may want to think of other possible tweaks or hacks before buying a new pair. So without any further due, let us get straight into the article on how to connect Airpods without a case?
How to Connect AirPods Without Case?
Before getting into how to connect Airpods without a case? let us discuss what is the role of the charging case? can we connect AirPods without a case? So according to a report from Apple. inc, the role of the case is just to charge the Airpods. This implies If you can somehow get your Airpods charged, you need not buy another pair. yes, This means one can connect the Airpods without even a charging case.
However, there is a catch. Apple Airpods are TWS earphones or AirPods and need a charging case to pair to a device. Do not get me wrong. In simple words, Apple AirPods can be connected without a Charging case but only with an Already paired device. Yes, If you have paired your device with the Airpods earlier, only then you can connect the AirPods.
How to Connect AirPods to an already Paired Device Without a case?
If you have already paired your Airpods once with the device, the user needs to follow a simple set of instructions to connect AirPods with an already paired device. Now if you have lost a fresh and unpaired case, you may skip this part.
1. On Android or Windows Device
Following are the instructions to connect AirPods to an Android or Windows device (already paired). This may even work for iOS users too:
1. Open the Bluetooth menu.
2. Turn on the Bluetooth.
3. Select AirPods (name of the AirPods) from the list of paired devices.
4. Keep the Airpods charged and near the phone. (You may use a borrowed charging case just to charge the AirPods)
5. After a few seconds, your phone or device will get connected to the AirPods. Plug it in your ears and enjoy.
Now above set of instructions was a quick instruction guide to how to connect AirPods to an already paired device.
2. On Apple/iOS Devices
There is another method through which one can connect AirPods to an already paired Apple device. This method is strictly for Apple Phone users. Let us follow the set of instructions given below and try connecting Airpods without a case to an already paired Apple device:
1. Access the control center. Swipe to the right corner of the screen (for iPhones without Home button) or Scroll up the bottom of the screen (for iPhones with Home button).
2. Press and hold the Sound/music card present in the control center menu.
3. You’ll see an Airplay icon. Tap the icon to select the AirPods paired with the device.
4. If you cannot see your AirPods in the list, refresh the list or try the process again.
Airpods are connected and you are ready to go. If AirPods are still not visible, try charging them through another charging case. AirPods are not paired if not visible in the paired list. You need to follow some other method to connect your AirPods. We shall now discuss how to connect AirPods without a case if not already paired?
How to Connect AirPodsWithout Case to Fresh Device?
If you lost a fresh and unpaired case, you may arrange a case from your friend or any family member and follow the simple set of instructions, you may manage to get your AirPods paired with a fresh device. Following are the simple set of instructions to connect Airpods:
1. Put both earphones in the charging case (even if you have borrowed).
2. Check the status of the light if the color is amber.
3. Now press and hold the button present behind the case known as the “Setup button”. Hold the button till the Amber light flashes a white light.
4. Shut the case and go to the device’s home screen. (iPhone in this case).
5. Open the lid of the case, keep it next to the device. A setup window will appear. Your AirPods are now connected and paired.
if you use android or windows devices, follow the steps till 4.
After step 4:
5. Shut the case and go to Bluetooth settings.
6. Turn on the Bluetooth and search for nearby devices. Tap on the AirPods and Pair.
So using the above steps one can set up how to connect AirPods without a case for both iOS and non-iOS users.
We hope these methods help you to connect AirPods without a case. This article will also help you know how the AirPods case works and how to connect AirPods without a case. Although if you do not want to spend so much time trying figuring methods to connect Airpods, Simply buy a new pair.
Apple offers a Separate Charging case for around $79 (Price varies depending upon the region you live in and the model of AirPods you use). If a user wants to avoid some bustle, buy a new charging case or even one can upgrade to newer versions of Apple AirPods. If you find this article useful and helpful, please share it with your friends and family.