Many times, we send wrong messages to people by mistake. This causes unwanted problems and wrong assumptions about each other. Many times, it causes a lot of embarrassment. Now if you have sent any wrong messages to anyone by mistake, do not worry. This article will provide a solution to your problem. In this article, we shall see how to permanently delete Facebook messages from both sides? There is various other important information which I have added in this article.
There are several methods by which you can delete Facebook messages permanently. You can delete Facebook messages on both sides via your PC, smartphone, etc. You need to follow a few simple steps to delete the Facebook message from both sides. All the methods are described properly with illustrations. So below let us look at how to permanently delete Facebook messages from both sides?
How to Permanently Delete Facebook Messages From Both Sides?
Over here we shall be seeing how you can permanently delete the Facebook messages on your Android device. By this method, you will be able to delete your Facebook messages permanently in your messenger app. So whenever you send any wrong message to anyone, you can use this to delete your message before they see it. Below I am listing down the procedure by which you can delete Facebook messages from both sides.
- First of all, go to your messenger app on your Android device.
- After this, you have to select the messages which you want to delete.
- You have to tap and hold the messages and two options will open up which are Remove and Forward.
- Then go on to click on the remove button on the bottom.
- Now two options will open up. one is “If you want to delete a specific message from your end only, tap on the Remove For You button!” another option is “If you want to remove a message from both sides, tap on the Remove for Everyone button! “.
- After this click on confirm remove the message.
- Now a pop-up will appear which will say “You’ll permanently remove this message for all chat members. They will be able to see that you’ve removed a message and still report it”. Click on “Remove again to proceed & permanently delete the Facebook conversation from both sides after 10 minutes!”.
This will remove the data after 10 minutes. This is the procedure for deleting Facebook messages permanently on your Android devices. I have explained it simply so that you can implement the method for yourself.
1. Procedure for Unsending a Message
If you have sent any wrong message by mistake, you can again unsend using the procedure below. This procedure only works just after you have sent the message.
- First of all, go to the message which you want to delete.
- Tap and hold the message.
- Now three options shall appear which are reply, forward and unsend.
- Click on unsend.
- again click on unsend for everyone.
This is how you can unsend the message.
Delete Facebook Messages From Both Sides On PC
You can also delete your message using your PC. In this subpart, we are going to see how you can permanently delete your Facebook message. Below, we shall see how you can permanently delete Facebook messages from both sides using the PC.
- First of all, go to the message which you want to delete from both sides after 10 minutes.
- After this click on the action option, a series of options will appear.
- A pop-up will appear and click on the option Report Spam or Abuse.
- Now you have to choose any suitable options in the Why do you want to report the conversation? window.
- You can also select, I am not interested.
- After this click on the “Continue button to proceed”.
- Next, deactivate the Facebook account through general settings.
This is how you can permanently delete your messages from your PC. Remember that the messages will be deleted after 10 minutes.
Can we delete other people’s messages?
We cannot delete other people’s messages on Facebook from both sides. You can delete the message from your side but not from another side. It will not be seen in your conversation window.
Even in the case of a group, then you can only delete the chat on your device but not on another’s device. So it will not be visible in only your device but on other devices, users can see it.
Even if you block the person, the old message will be visible to all of them.
Why 10 Minutes Is Given to Delete the Message?
Many people have this weird doubt as to why there is a time duration of 10 minutes given. This is given due to a specific reason. Now in case of a fight situation, the person gets very angry and sends his/her message. But it is seen that instantly they want to remove or delete their comment. So to prevent any increase in online fights, they have extended the time.
They have increased the time to 10 minutes within which they can delete your message. It will give the person a second chance. This also prevents unwanted escalation. In some cases, users send the wrong message to the wrong person and do not notice. This is also made to help them also.
A user has sent an abusive message but has deleted it, can we report it?
Yes, you can report it even after it is deleted. Anybody who has sent an abusive message and then deleted it will not get away with it. The Facebook guidelines will not allow such things to happen and will penalize the users. You can also report the particular statement using the method given below.
- First of all, go to the Facebook conversation you want to report.
- Go to the top of the message and click on it.
- An option shall open up which is “Something’s Wrong” & choose the harassment category”.
- After this click on send feedback and then click on Done.
This is how you can report any messages.
Hope now you know how to permanently delete Facebook messages from both sides? You can go through the article and guide yourself accordingly by receiving suitable information. You can also visit the Facebook community guidelines page to know in detail about the policies of Facebook. I hope you got benefitted from this article.