In today’s post, you will learn how to delete words from your Android Keyboard. Advancement in technology has changed everything in the world in which we today live. Phones are the biggest example of this. They transformed from regular phones to Smartphones, now we can do things using them which has a lot of diversity. The earlier keypad of a phone was only used for dialing a number and typing an SMS. Now the new ‘keyboard’ available in the smartphone we can text not just in one but multiple languages, it has features like of stickers, GIF and one of the most interesting one which is of adapting its user’s typing style.
Your Android device’s standard keyboard recognizes new words and fits your writing style. As a result, it can suggest words as you type. It learns and stores unknown words so you can type more quickly. It does, however, tend to save typos. There are times when the great ability displayed by your keyboard becomes a headache. There may be some words you’d rather your keyboard forget than remember. If you share your Android device with friends or relatives, you may also wish to eliminate learned words from the keyboard. They’ll see recommended words you’ve entered as they type.
If you do not want anyone else to know what words, phrases you normally use, you need to remove these saved words from your keyboard. This article will help you to learn about how to delete words from your android keyboard, reset the keyboard and prevent the learned words to be saved on the keyboard.
How to Delete Words From your Android Keyboard?
It’s so easy to add misspelled words to your phone’s dictionary. But it’s also easy to fix. Here’s how to remove words from Android Keyboard.
1. Deleting Specific words from the Keyboard
Android keyboard saves your frequently used words and even the misspelled ones. If your keyboard has saved only a few bothersome words in its memory and you want to get rid of them, you can follow the steps written below to delete words from your android keyboard. Here are the steps:-
1. Open Settings on your phone.
2. Tap on the option of the system.
3. Tap on the option of Languages and Inputs.
4. Open the option of keyboards.
5. Tap on the on-screen keyboard.
6. Now you will see all the available keyboards of your android, select the one which you mostly use.
7. Settings of that keyboard will appear, tap on Dictionary.
8. Tap on personal dictionary.
9. Choose the language you normally use while typing out of the available languages.
10. There you will see all the words saved ever on your keyboard.
11. Tap on the specific words you want to delete and delete them.
2. Delete Words While Typing
This is a shorter and easier version of the method explained above. This procedure can be used while typing and is particularly useful when you suddenly remember that your keyboard has learned an unsuitable term. Here are the steps showing how to delete words from your android keyboard while using it.
1. On the keyboard of your android phone, a panel will show all the suggested and saved words whenever you start typing anything.
2. When you see an option you’d like your keyboard to ignore, tap and hold the word.
3. In the center of the screen, a waste bin will appear. To remove a suggestion, drag it to the garbage.
4. The word will be removed from your vocabulary immediately.
3. Resetting the Keyboard
If your android keyboard is slowing down or the information it has stored is of no use, you can completely reset it. With this your keyboard will be back to its factory settings and all the saved words and memory it has will be erased. Follow these steps to format your keyboard.
1. Open settings in your phone.
2. Select Apps and notifications.
3. Press the option to see all apps.
4. Click on the three dots on the corner and go to additional settings.
5. Tap on show systems as keyboard application is not visible with regular applications.
6. Select the keyboard app.
7. Tap on the storage of the app and select cache.
8. Tap on the clear cache option.
In that way, you have completely deleted learned words from your Android Keyboard. These techniques should allow you to conserve space on your keyboard while also ensuring that irrelevant words are removed and do not enter a dialogue.
4. Preventing Learned Words from Getting Saved
When you remove learned words from your Android phone, it learns them anew and stores them. If you do not want the learned words to be saved on your phone, you must remove them regularly.
You wouldn’t want your smartphone to learn and store words at all if you’re removing learned words for safety purposes. To prevent learned words from being saved on your smartphone, type in Private mode using the free SwiftKey Keyboard. When inputting passwords or login details, this comes in handy. Follow the mentioned steps to use the SwiftKey keyboard.
1. Install the SwiftKey keyboard app and set it as your standard keyboard.
2. Go into the app and activate the keyboard.
3. Tap on the three dots on the upper left corner of the keyboard.
4. Select the option of incognito from the options.
5. After turning on the incognito mode, your keyboard will turn black and a ‘mask’ will appear on the keyboard.
6. Through this mode, the words you use on your keyboard, will not be saved in its memory.
Reasons like safety, personal privacy, etc. can give rise to the need of deleting saved words from your keyboard. We hope you found this post useful and learned how to delete words from your android keyboard.
These methods will guide you in preventing the problem from becoming a library of misspelled and unusual terms. If you have any further questions about this article, please post them in the feedback below.