In today’s post, you will learn how to Find a Lost Switch in simple steps. Nintendo was started by Fusajiro Yamauchi in Kyoto, Japan, in 1889. Initially, the company produced handcrafted hanafuda (Japanese playing cards). For a little more than 60 years, the corporation focused and tried on different types of businesses. It tried businesses like playing cards, hotel chains, etc. Finally, in 1985 it found its potential’s best use in the Nintendo switch which we know. It was released in March 2017 and since then has become one of the most loved gaming consoles. You can play it in many ways after connecting it with different devices like TV, tablet, or in its standard handheld form.
When you utilize a handheld electronic gadget, it is possible that it can be stolen. Someone can pick it up and carry it home if you leave it alone on a desk for a few moments. After all, it is not a big console like PS or Xbox series and you can misplace, lose. The mere thought of this frightens you right? Do not worry, because in this article we have tried to tell you some ways to find a lost switch.
How to Find Lost Switch?
Here we will also try to tell you what to do if your switch is stolen. You will also know about measures you can take to never lose it again.
1. Finding a Single Side’s Controller
If you have only lost one of your Nintendo controllers, it is simple to find its other half. If you have misplaced one side of the controller somewhere nearby, all you have to do is follow the following simple steps for your query of ‘find lost switch’ :
1. Go to menu controllers from your home screen of the switch.
2. Select the find controllers option in the menu.
3. Select the specific joy-con/controller which is missing.
4. Push the shoulder button of the controller which you have.
This useful function makes the lost Joy-Con buzz for as long as you press down the existing controller’s shoulder key. It’s not always easy to hear because the Joy-Cons don’t have a very powerful vibration feature. We recommend making your surroundings as silent as necessary for maximum results. You’ll have a better desire to hear the Joy-Con vibrate underneath a pillow if you do this.
2. Finding Lost/Stolen Switch
You can’t track your Switch under your own, sadly. It does not have such a feature. There are, however, steps you can still do to collect information about your Switch that the police could use to assist you so that you can probably Find a Lost Switch.
1. You’ll have to know your serial number. If you already have a Switch, you’ll find it next to the USB-C connector on the base. If you don’t have your switch you can find the serial number in the system settings on the console, at the bottom of its box, or from the store you have brought it.
2. Call Nintendo customer support and tell them about your situation and the serial number of your lost switch. They won’t be able to locate your gadget, but they will be able to monitor when someone used the Internet and what IP address they used. The IP address informs them of the gadget’s location.
3. You can give the data to the cops who are probing your issue once you receive it. Now maybe the moment to file a police report if you haven’t already. You’ll need to describe the device’s appearance, any distinctive characteristics, any games that came with it, and the serial number to the cops.
Alternate Actions to Find the Lost Switch
There are a few other actions that you can take on your own without the help of customer support or the police. They are mentioned below:
1. Removing your Credit Card
If you have added your credit card online with the Nintendo account, you should remove it. Use the following steps for it.
- go on the website accounts.nintendo.com
- Select the shop menu on the left side.
- Tap on the delete key next to your credit card.
2. Removing Nintendo Account from Switch
You can only remove your Nintendo account from your device using an external computer. This would remove any titles you’ve downloaded from the Nintendo as well as access to the store itself from your account, making it impossible for others to make purchases on your behalf if you had a registered payment method. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to www.nintendo.com/accounts.
2. Successfully log in with your Nintendo account.
3. From the main console, select Remove Registration.
4. You may be required to enter your password again at this point.
5. Finally, click “Delete Registration” to confirm.
Keep in mind that you can only remove one record every year (through the internet).
If you subscribe to the Nintendo Switch Online service, you will be able to download the digital products you purchased from the eShop as well as retrieve suitable stored games when you sign back into the new system.
Understanding how to locate a missing Nintendo Switch in your home is essential since the Switch is a popular handheld game, but it is also a pricey gadget, and you should take care to avoid losing or having it stolen. It doesn’t come with a tracking system, but you should submit the serial number with Nintendo as quickly as possible after purchasing it, and you can obtain alternative tracing devices to help you locate it if it is lost. If you find this article helpful on how to find a lost switch, do leave your comments in feedback and share your valuable ideas with us too.
Leave a Reply