Most Tumblr bloggers have a large number of blog posts they’ve written throughout their time on the platform. Adding “/archive” to the end of any URL takes you to the blog’s archive, which is presented as easy-to-browse thumbnails for easy navigation. It’s easy to find previous blogs written by a specific member by searching the Tumblr archive, which is just a list of their posts in a thumbnail format.
What Is Tumblr Archive?
Participants on Tumblr can engage in microblogging, a combination of blogging and social media. Tumblr blogs allow artists to post anything they want, whether it’s photos, memes, or short passages of text. Even though Tumblr posts appear in searches, only the most recent ones are shown when you visit a person’s Tumblr directly.
Even if older posts aren’t visible on the home page, they’re still there. If you don’t intend to read them all, going back one page at a time is the only way to do it. Using the archive feature, you can see all of your past posts in one place, and you can choose which ones you want to expand.
1. Accessing Tumblr’s Archive
To the uninitiated, it may appear impossible to access the archive. It’s not uncommon for Tumblr blogs to include an archive link or button that takes you directly there. That’s a feature that many others lack. Fortunately, when you’re casually browsing the site, it’s not immediately obvious how to get to a user’s archive page.
Tumblr archives can be accessed by appending “/archive” to the end of any Tumblr URL. In other words, the URL nasa.tumblr.com/archive would be used to access NASA’s archive on Tumblr. You can see posts for each month by scrolling down and clicking on the corresponding link. To see it, simply select one from the list and click on it.
How to Browse through Tumblr’s Archive?
Thus, you’ve discovered the Tumblr archive. This is an unquestionably excellent option. However, how do you access any other Tumblr user’s archive? Do not be afraid! There are a few different ways to access other Tumblr users’ archived posts. And in this section, we will detail both of these processes in detail. Thus, we begin…
1. Using Tumblr Desktop’s ‘Archive’ Option
The first method is only applicable to Tumblr accounts that include the ‘Archive’ or ‘Archives’ button. Additionally, this is how it is accessed in the Tumblr desktop version.
- From your account, navigate to any of your favorite Tumblr accounts. Additionally, you can search for the name. For instance, we searched for the ‘Microsoft’ profile.
- After clicking on a profile, the profile will open on the right side of the screen. From there, click on the ‘three horizontal dots icon in the screen’s right corner. It will appear above the profile’s cover photo.
- This will result in the appearance of an overlay menu. Simply select the ‘Archive’ option from the menu.
- The profile’s archived posts will immediately appear on the screen. By default, the posts will be arranged chronologically.
- Additionally, you can sort them by ‘Post Type’, ‘Tag’, or ‘Month’ by clicking and selecting the appropriate option from the top.
2. Using the Tumblr Mobile App’s ‘Archive’ option
Here are the steps to follow:
- If you’re looking to browse the Tumblr archive via the Tumblr app, this section is for you. Again, the user whose Tumblr account you’re looking for should have an ‘Archive’ button on their profile.
- If that is the case, then navigate to their profile by tapping on their name in your account’s profile section.
- Additionally, you can search for their profile via the Tumblr app’s bottom menu’s search function.
- Now that you’re on their profile, you’ll notice an ‘Archive’ button beneath their display picture. Simply tap on the ‘Archive’ button to access the Tumblr account holder’s archived posts.
3. Using the Archive Link
The previous tutorial demonstrated how to view the archive of any Tumblr profile using the ‘Archive’ button. What if the profile you’re interested in does not have an ‘Archive’ button? If this is the case, there is also a workaround for this issue.
And it is extremely simple to follow. However, this procedure is only applicable if you are accessing Tumblr via a desktop browser. As a result, if you are using the app, it may not work properly. And here’s how to get there-
- From your desktop browser, navigate to the profile of the user whose archived posts you wish to view.
- Now, if you look in your browser’s address bar, you’ll see a link to that profile. In most cases, it would look something like this: ‘https://microsoft.tumblr.com/’. We’re going to use Microsoft’s page as an example here.
- Simply add the word ‘archive’ (without the quotes) to the end of the address directly in your browser’s address bar. Thus, the link should now look like this: ‘https://microsoft.tumblr.com/archive‘. Then, using the keyboard’s ‘Enter’ key, navigate to the archive page for that particular account.
- Thus, the trick is to slightly alter the Tumblr page’s link. Simply navigate to any Tumblr profile and append the word ‘archive’ to the link. Additionally, press ‘Enter’.
Also Read: How to Know If Someone Blocked Your Number?
We hope that now you will be able to view/access the Tumblr archive. You can leave your suggestions in the comments section.