‘ Your network is your net worth ’- this saying is widely relevant in the society of today. Your network defines your personality and helps you become a better person. It is crucial to connect with people from different backgrounds so that you can understand human behavior and psychology in a better way. Technology has gifted us numerous applications that we can use to network with people from different backgrounds and learn new things. Instagram, Facebook, Reddit are among a few to name. Building a community of people having a common goal helps you take your career to greater heights and moulds your perspective of life. One such app for connecting with people and chilling with your friends is – Discord.
Discord allows you to be a part of an art community, gaming group or education community to explore your interests. It allows you to hang out with your friends and to do much more. You will get to learn a lot of new things. You will get a plethora of opportunities to find the right path for your career. You can also make your community and invite your friends to join it. By sharing the link among your friends, you can grow your community and add more people to it. There are easy-to-share links that you can use to connect with more people and explore the unexplored world.
- 1 Discord Links Not Opening: Reasons & Solutions
- 2 Discord Links Not Opening: Fix The Issue
- 3 FAQs | Discord Links Not Opening
- 4 Closure
Discord Links Not Opening: Reasons & Solutions
Discord is a wonderful creation for youth but sometimes the links do not work and you cannot use them properly? This might be due to the following reasons:
- To open a shared link, you must have an account on discord. If you do not have a discord account you cannot be a part of any community.
- The link that has been shared might have expired. There is a fixed duration in which the links remain activated to prevent any nuisance or unauthorized access to the community. The Limit in discord is of 24 hours.
- The link might not be working because of some error while copying the path of the community.
- Sometimes it is the community’s discretion if they want to make you a part of the community. Therefore if the link is not working it might be due to denial of access.
- You will also not be able to join a community if the limit of the number of participants has exceeded.
- Enough of these reasons why the links are not working. You might be curious to know how to fix them. Then read on further to find what to do if discord links are not opening and how to fix this problem.
Discord Links Not Opening: Fix The Issue
To fix the issue of discord links not opening, you can try out the mentioned ways and find which one works best for you.
Method 1: Try Running Discord as the Admin of the App
Sometimes your discord client does not have permission to open a link. In this case, you can try running discord as an admin. To do this, follow the steps given below.
- Close the application on your device.
- Now go to Windows Search and type Discord in the search bar.
- Right-click on the option and click on ‘Run as administrator ‘ and now tap on ‘Yes’
- Now try opening the discord links again. If you can open them, then set the ‘Run as administrator’ setting as your default setting.
Method 2: Try out Discord’s web version
If you are not able to open the links using the discord application then you can try using the web version of Discord. Simply log in to Discord.com using your login information and then come back to the Discord app and try opening the link. Although this method might come to be troublesome, you can always try an alternative if things do not work out in the normal manner.
Method 3: Change the Default Web Browser of Your Device
If you are using a particular web browser as your default web browser, chances are that it might be causing some issues with external links. Sometimes your browser does not support links from external sources and you face issues in opening them. In such a case, you can try changing the default web browser of your device and then open the links on the discord application.
Method 4: Clear the Cache of the Application
App cache can sometimes be troublesome and lead to problems like the ‘ discord link, not opening ’ issue. To clear the cache of the application, follow the mentioned steps:
- Firstly, press the Windows+R key to launch Run.
- After this, copy and paste the text that is displayed and press Enter key.
- Now select all files by pressing the Ctrl+A keys.
- After selecting all the files, use the Shift+Del button to delete all the selected files.
All the files from the app have now been deleted. Restart your device and relaunch the app to see if the links are opening or not.
Method 5: Reinstall Discord on Your Device
If you do not find any of the above-mentioned methods to be working out for you, then you can always try reinstalling the app. The links might not be opening due to some bugs or corrupted files in the app. Reinstalling the app will remove all such files and bugs and the links will start working normally.
FAQs | Discord Links Not Opening
Your invite link might not be working because the maximum limit of the participant might have reached or the link might have simply expired. You can try the above-mentioned methods to solve this issue.
To join a discord community on an iPhone, you can create an account using your login information. Now click on the stacked lines in the top left corner of the screen and then click on the horizontal line icon. Now click on the ‘+’ sign and tap on the ‘Join a server’ option. Paste the invite link and then click on ‘Join’.
You cannot join a server with an invalid link. You need to ask the sender to give you another link to join or if the community section of the server is enabled you can find the link in the explore section of the community.
Can Discord ban your IP address?
Yes, discord can ban your IP address sometimes. If you want to sort this problem, you can get a new IP address by using a different network, a different device, or a VPN.
Is discord suitable for children under the age of 18?
Discord contains some graphic content that is not suitable for children under the age of 18. Discord is more suitable for people who are above 18. When you create a discord account, you will be required to verify your age and while opening a new channel you might see a warning message displaying that it might contain graphic content not suitable for children under the age of 18.
Discord is an amazing platform to form communities and connect with your friends and people from different backgrounds. You can watch movies with your friends and hang out to take a break from your hectic schedule. It gives an open environment to learn and explore new things and upskill yourself. But sometimes, technology can also fail at giving you the best experience that you deserve. For such instances, you can try out the above-mentioned hacks to solve the discord link not opening issue and continue learning uninterruptedly.