To ‘communicate’: was the primitive function of the invention of mobiles, in general. With advancements in tech. world, we got rid of the tenacious need for remembering all the phone numbers we call. The feature of ‘Saving contacts’ eased our lives to a great extent. From remembering a 10-digit number to keeping 100’s of them without remembering. Now imagine what if you lose all of your contracts? You may ask back from maybe a few people for their numbers, but what about the rest? The mere thought of this situation is terrifying, right? You might be asking the exact very question we are about to answer in this article of how to restore lost or deleted contacts on android? And not only that, we will tell you everything from how not to lose your contracts in the first place to how to get them back under different circumstances.
Different Cases When Contacts Are Lost
The loss of Android contacts can occur at any moment and in any location. Probably, you may run across this problem at some point. Then you must be wondering, “How to restore lost or deleted contacts on android?”
Case 1: When you have backed up your contacts. You can recover your Android contacts through Gmail if you have linked your Android contacts with your Google account.
Case 2: This scenario will be different if you’d never backed up your Android contacts. Although when Android contacts are erased, they aren’t instantly gone from the phone.
Causes for Losing Contacts on Android
Before we get into the details of Android contacts restoration, we’ll start with a part that explains the most common reasons for Android phone contact deletion. There are a variety of situations that might lead to the loss of contacts on an Android phone. The following are the primary causes:
1. Android version update
When a new Android update is launched, the majority of you will choose to update your Android phone and take advantage of the new features. However, some users have reported that their Android contacts have disappeared after upgrading to the latest Android version.
2. Mistaken deletion
This is a rather common happening. When you wish to get rid of some unwanted Android phone contacts, you can accidentally erase some vital ones. Alternatively, you may wish to modify a contact but accidentally hit the Delete option. All of these unplanned actions might result in the loss of Android contacts.
3. Virus invasion
Another reason for Android phone contact loss is a virus attack. If you think that the loss of Android phone contacts is due to malware, you should first use antivirus software to check and delete the malware, and then try restoring lost Android contacts.
4. Phone Loss
It will be a horror if your Android phone is lost or damaged by mistake. If you have linked your Android connections with your Google account, you may retrieve them back using Gmail in this case.
How to Restore Lost or Deleted Contacts on Android?
Contacts are almost always recovered. There are several reasons why you may have misplaced critical connections. Perhaps you’re looking for a quick approach to reclaim your misplaced phone numbers. Here are the best ways to answer your question of ‘how to restore lost or deleted contacts on android?’
1. Recovering lost contacts from Gmail
If you had the hindsight to link your contacts with your Google account, then you are lucky. Below mentioned are the steps which will tell you how to restore lost or deleted contacts on Android?
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select the option of Gmail on the top left corner or may open the Gmail app directly on your phone if you have it installed.
3. Select the option of contacts in the more options at the Gmail app.
4. Now you will reach the main interface of your google account’s contacts /your contacts app.
5. Click on the more options on the top left side and tap on the undo changes option.6. Here you can select any date from the last 30 days on which you want to restore your contacts.
7. Click continue after customizing your exact date of restoration of your contacts.
Note: If you restore your contacts to any date within the past 30 days, all the contacts added after THAT day will be automatically deleted. Do make sure to back up those newly saved contacts somewhere else before restoring your contacts.
Following the steps mentioned above, you can easily restore your contacts.
2. Recovering contacts from Android’s internal storage
There’s a probability that contacts are hidden somewhere else, such as the local memory or SD card. Follow the steps below to see if your contacts are stored in your phone’s internal storage.
- Open the contacts app on your phone.
2. Click on more option (more option is also represented by a vertical three-dotted line)
3. Tap on the settings option there.
4. Tap on the import/export option.
5. Select the option of import from storage to see if there are contacts that got hidden in the internal memory of your phone.
3. Recovering contacts using a third-party tool
You may also take the help of a third-party app to restore your lost or deleted Android contacts. Hereunder, we have shown this by the example of the PhoneRescue app for Android with steps:
- Download the PhoneRescue app on your PC and install it.
2. Connect your Android phone with your PC.
3. Click on the option of contacts to recover and click next.
4. The app will root your device (might take a few minutes) if it is already not rooted and Deep scan your Android phone.
5. Then the deleted contacts will appear and now you may choose the specific contacts you want to restore and select them and restore your deleted contacts.
Many mobile users go through this problem of accidental contact deletion and it is quite unfortunate. That being said you should try avoiding all the above-mentioned causes which may cause this problem. In this article, we tried to provide you with all the possible solutions to the question of how to restore lost or deleted contacts on android? If you have any further suggestions please feel free to write in the comments. Also, check other tech-knowledge and how-to related articles from us.