I understand the concern with the query- Youtube Thumbnails Not Showing 2021. When you send links to YouTube videos on different apps, the thumbnail acts as synopsis to the target audience. If your YouTube thumbnails are not showing in Discord or your YouTube thumbnails are not showing on Facebook when you try to share the video, it can create a traffic loss to your channel.
For YouTube users who like to share content with their family or friends, there may be decreased engagement if YouTube thumbnails are not seen on WhatsApp messages. If this is a problem plaguing you and not allowing you to share or enjoy YouTube content to its full potential, continue reading this article. We have discussed the various reasons why your YouTube Thumbnails are not showing and how to solve them.
- 1 YouTube Thumbnails Not Showing | Firefox, Whatsapp, Facebook, & More!
- 2 How do I Fix Youtube No Thumbnails?
- 2.1 Time to clear up your watch history
- 2.2 Clear up Your Cache
- 2.3 Check Your Internet Speed Issues
- 2.4 Try Deleting YouTube and Re-installing it.
- 2.5 Restart Your Device
- 3 Closure | Youtube Thumbnails Not Showing 2021
YouTube Thumbnails Not Showing | Firefox, Whatsapp, Facebook, & More!
Why Are My Thumbnails Not Showing Up?
Usually, if you can’t see YouTube thumbnails, the issue is probably related to your device, and it will still be visible for content consumers. So if you’re a content creator worried about the thumbnail not showing up for anyone, don’t fret too much. YouTube thumbnails not showing up is inconvenient, but solving the problem luckily doesn’t require you to dial up your IT support or customer care service. All you need to do is continue reading this article! We’ve written five ways you can solve the issue of your YouTube thumbnails not showing up without any fuss.
YouTube is an empire that has grown tremendously in the last decade. You can watch videos, stream shows and catch up on all your meme content in just one app. The development of YouTube from a place where people go to watch home videos to being an entrepreneurial platform for small business owners and content creators has been a slow but steady ride. One of the critical factors that play a role in hooking audiences to the video before a sneak peek is YouTube thumbnails. That’s the reason most video creators either put clickbait in them or make them as exciting and gripping as possible.
How do I Fix Youtube No Thumbnails?
Time to clear up your watch history
YouTube watch history is a feature that allows you to find videos you’ve viewed previously quickly. It also bases video recommendations on it as the system recognizes your watch patterns by analyzing the data and spewing up content accordingly.
But the storage of the data for this often builds up on your device and takes up memory space. By clearing your watch history, you’re essentially giving your device and the app breathing space to function better. Many people find that clearing up their YouTube watch history, especially if it hasn’t been done in a long time, solves specific app issues, such as thumbnails not showing. In case you’re unsure about how to clear your history, we’ve detailed the steps below.
What Are the Steps to Clear Your YouTube Watch History?
- Launch the YouTube app on your device and click on your profile on the right-hand side top corner
- Tap on settings, then go to ‘Settings and Privacy.’
- Once you tap on clear watch history, a pop-up will show up on your screen to confirm your action; tap on ‘Clear watch history again.’
- You can now reopen your YouTube app normal and see if it has solved your thumbnail issue.
Clear up Your Cache
If you’re using YouTube on a browser like Firefox or Safari and getting the thumbnail error, clearing your app cache will not do much. But clearing your browser cache acts similarly to deleting your watch history. All browsers have a slightly different interface, but usually, you can do this by locating the settings.
What Are the Steps To Clear Up Browser Cache on Chrome?
- On google chrome, you go to ‘Settings’ on the top right corner.
- Click on ‘More tools,’ and under that, you’ll see a ‘Clear browsing data’ option.
- You can choose the clear ‘All time’ option for a full cleanse, and the browser will ask you to confirm if you want to delete data.
- Pressing ‘Confirm’ will clear your cache.
Check Your Internet Speed Issues
More often than not, the culprit for YouTube thumbnails not showing up on search is a weak internet connection. For any audio, video, or image, a good internet strength is required. If you’re in a place where mobile data or wifi connectivity is low, the thumbnails will be temporarily unable. The best way to test whether the internet is the problem-causing factor is to click on any video and check whether it’s playing without any buffer.
If it’s not downloaded on your device and still plays smoothly, then chances are your connection is not the problem. But another sure shot way to test this is by doing the internet speed test.
What Are the Steps for an Internet Speed Test?
- Go to this link.
- Click on ‘Go,’ and it will show you your internet speed on the device screen in units of Mbps.
- Check how stable your connection is by seeing whether the speed fluctuates; according to google, 1-2 Mbps is enough for a seamless YouTube experience.
Try Deleting YouTube and Re-installing it.
Un-installing YouTube can also help if your thumbnails are still not showing up after employing the methods mentioned above. Since the app will already be in your app cloud, you won’t have to download it again but only install it, which takes a lot less time and data.
How to delete and re-install YouTube?
- Delete the app by long-pressing the application till it toggles and then clicking delete on mobile devices
- Go to PlayStore or AppStore and type ‘YouTube’ on the search bar
- Please tap on the install button and launch the app once it’s added back to your device
Restart Your Device
The last method you can employ if your YouTube thumbnails are not showing is simply restarting your device. It’s an age-old and constantly used method to deal with troublesome in-app and device problems. Restarting your device gives it the reboot it needs to start afresh without any baggage.
Restarting your Android device
- Long press your power button till a pop-up shows up with options for restarting or powering your device off.
- Tap on the restart button and let your phone turn off and turn on.
- Open your YouTube app and check if the issue is solved.
Restarting your Apple device
- Long press your power button and slide the toggle right to turn your device off.
- Long press the power button again after a minute to power your device on.
- Launch the YouTube app and check if thumbnails are visible.
Note: Sometimes, when sending links on social media apps, it takes a few seconds for the link to fully load. If the thumbnail doesn’t show up before sending, copy-paste the YouTube video link again into the message bar and wait for a few seconds before pressing send.
Closure | Youtube Thumbnails Not Showing 2021
Whether your YouTube thumbnails not showing on Twitter or your YouTube thumbnails are not showing up on chrome, the method to solving the issue can be followed by anyone.
In this article on Youtube Thumbnails Not Showing 2021, we informed you that you do not need to be super tech-savvy, and there’s no need to panic. YouTube is an easy app to use as it aims to be inclusive of ages and disabilities. We hope this blog helps solve your problem; if you have any queries, drop a comment below!