Did you find your old smartphone or tablet while cleaning? Did you try to turn it on and unlock the device? Did you forget the password or pin? Are you now searching ‘how to bypass android’s lock screen pattern pin or password? Do not worry, You have come to the perfect article. In this article, we will discuss various ways by which one may know how to remove android’s lock screen pattern pin or password.
Generally, the user sets a Pin or password to keep the device safe from other suspicious users. This layer of security is very important and compulsory for some devices. Sometimes, Fingerprint or face ID unlock is enabled by the users to ease the lock and unlock process. In this scenario, the User forgets the android’s lock screen pattern pin or password. So without any further due let us get straight into the article and know how to bypass android’s lock screen pattern pin or password.
- 1 How to Bypass Android’s Lock Screen Pattern Pin or Password?
- 2 Conclusion
How to Bypass Android’s Lock Screen Pattern Pin or Password?
We must keep a few things in mind before trying every single method. First of all, every device may or may not react to the methods given below. Carefully try any method according to the device. One should try to get a backup of his phone through a laptop or computer. Remove any external memory device like a memory card before performing these methods. Below mentioned steps will help the user to know how to remove android’s lock screen pattern pin or password.
Now let us start with the methods to bypass android’s lock screen pattern pin or password.
1. Use the “Forgot Pattern” Feature
Now, this method will work only if the device a user is using works on android 4.4 or a lesser version. Follow the steps mentioned below to remove android’s lock screen pattern pin or password:
1. Try entering the most possible password to attempt all five attempts. Even if the user fails all the attempts, he can use the “Forgot pattern” feature.
2. Tap the “Forgot the pattern” button available on the screen.
3. For verification, the Phone will require the user to enter the Account (Google) details. Kindly enter the correct details.
4. Google will send an OTP to unlock the device or one can immediately change the login details.
5. Write down the password somewhere safe or enter an easy to intermediate strength password.
2. Use Google’s “Find My Device”
This method works on the devices working on android lower than 8.0 versions. If the device is logged in through a Google account then this method will surely work for you. This method erases all the data from the device as it is also known as Erase the device from Google’s “Find my device”. One must only try to implement this method if he has backed up the device.
1. Use a laptop or computer to open Find my device (google).
2. Login using the same account as in the device you are trying to unlock.
3. Tap the device you want to unlock. If the device is not visible, Refresh the Device list.
4. Tap the “Erase” button which will erase all the contents and settings which includes the Screen pattern too. Avoid using “Screen password” as it may not work in this case if the device has any old password. If you face any issue using this method try another alternative to step 4.
4. Tap the “Lock” button will ask the user to enter a new password for the device. Enter the password again to verify the password.
After using any of the alternate steps, wait for 10 mins. Try unlocking the phone using the new password. Now the user can sign in to the device using this method.
3. Use Samsung Device’s “Find my device”
This method works only for Samsung device users. The user must have a Samsung account linked with the Samsung device. If the user has all, it is the best option for the user:
1. Use a laptop or a Computer and Visit the Samsung site to open Find my device.
2. Sign in using the same login details.
3. Tap “Find my mobile” and find the device user is trying to unlock.
4. Click ‘Unlock my screen. Click on ‘Unlock’ and wait for some time.
After some time, the screen will get unlocked. Users may also receive an unlocking notification.
4. Use Android Device Manager (ADM)
Now for this method, the user must have enabled ADM earlier. Following are the steps mentioned to unlock the password.
1. Visit the Android device manager (ADM) website using a laptop or a Computer.
2. Sign in to the website using the Google account used earlier in the locked device.
3. Find the locked device. It is similar to other Find my Device websites.
4. Tap ‘Lock’ and then enter the temporary password. Tap ‘Lock’ again to confirm.
5. Now unlock your phone using this temporary password. Then go to settings and change or disable the temporary password.
With this process, one can bypass the security using ADM.
5. Factory Reset the Device
Even if the above steps did not work, One may try Factory Resetting the device. However, this step is recommended only if none of the above reasons does work. This method will erase all the data including security files which allows the user to unlock the device without any pattern or pin. To factory reset the device, follow the simple steps mentioned below:
1. Turn off the android device. Almost all users can access power off buttons without unlocking the device.
2. Press and hold the volume down button and power button together for 10 seconds. (The device will load a booting screen. This screen is called ‘Bootloader’ and one can use volume buttons to navigate through the menu).
3. Select ‘Recovery mode’ and press the Power button to confirm. One can see Green android Robot along with an exclamation mark on the back.
4. Enter the Recovery mode by pressing and holding the power button and pressing the volume up button twice.
5. Select ‘Wipe data/ Factory reset and press the power button to confirm.
6. Press the volume button and select “Yes- erase all user data” and press the Power button to confirm.
The process will get completed automatically. Press the power button and restart the device. Now set up the device as a new device.
6. Using Third Party Applications
Several applications claim to unlock the device or bypass the security. Although we do not recommend using third-party applications as Security and privacy may get affected. However, there are few applications like Tenorshare 4ukey or android lock screen removal.
After successfully unlocking your phone, you must set a new pattern lock, PIN, or password. If you frequently forget your passwords, it is recommended to write them down in a notebook or on a piece of paper to avoid any problems in the future.
Hopefully, using the above-mentioned methods described, you were able to know how to bypass android’s lock screen pattern pin or password. We hope this article helps you in a useful way. Kindly share this article with friends and family. Thank you