In this post, you’ll discover how to restart Android without a power button, whether it’s turned on or off. Android phones are loaded with high-end functionality. However, a hardware/software component might go wrong at any time. You could have had software issues with your Android smartphone in particular situations. The operating system or programs are frequently compromised because of abrupt app crush or abnormal application performance.
It results in software problems. Sometimes, the power button can become faulty damaged. It also creates a hindrance in restarting an Android phone. After a long day of use, and Android may require restarting. Whenever your Android smartphone is off or on, you should restart it without using the power button. Here we will let you know some workarounds that can help you restart your Android phone with a not working power button.
Restarting an Android phone from a black off-screen is a more challenging situation than from the on-screen. That is because it is difficult to switch on Android from off-screen. Here is how to restart Android without power button when the screen is off:
1. Plug in the Phone to a Charger
Your Android phone may be off due to low battery. If that is the case, there is nothing wrong with the device. Simply plug in the charger in the phone. The phone’s battery status will appear after the battery starts charging. After that, you can restart the phone with power button.
If the battery is drained, you can wait for some time before the power button starts working again. After the battery gets enough charge the power button may start working again without an issue.
2. Restarting the Phone by Rebooting
The boot menu is also known as recovery mode, can be used to fix a variety of problems on smartphones. This is most commonly used to factory reset or clean a device’s caches, but it may also be used for a variety of other purposes. If your phone doesn’t at all restart when you press the power button, you can do it by going to the boot menu.
Steps to restart the phone from the Boot menu
- First, you have to know the correct button combination to enter the Boot Menu of your Android phone. (examples like home+power+volume down button, home+power+both volume down, etc.)
- Then long-press the correct combination according to your phone.
- Your screen will show the Boot Menu.
- Let go of the keys.
- Select the reboot now option using the volume up and volume down keys from the available options.
- Tap on the option and your Android phone will restart.
3. Restarting Using Android Debugging Bridge (ADB)
If there is still trouble in your mind about how to restart Android without power button, you can use ADB (Android Debug Bridge). However, before you begin, you have to make sure your phone’s USB Debugging function is switched on. You can do this easily by following these instructions and restarting the phone without pressing the power button.
Steps to enable the ADB feature in Android
- Go to the settings of your phone.
- Tap on the developer options.
- Enable the USB debugging option.
- You can also select a debug app if you have one on your phone.
Now once you have enabled the debugging option and set a debugging app you have to restart your Android phone through debugging.
Steps to restart an Android phone through debugging
- Download Android Studio and SDK tools from an authentic official website and install them.
- After it has been installed successfully, go to the directory where ADB was installed. Simply start a command prompt and browse to your ADB directory’s appropriate location.
- Now the Android phone can be connected to a PC/laptop using USB and we can restart it by entering the related ADB commands.
- Type the command “ADB devices” and it will show your device’s name and ID.
- Type the command “ADB –s <device ID> reboot” or “ADB reboot” to restart your Android phone.
Restarting an Android phone from an off-screen is complicated, you can see it above. On the other hand, restarting an Android phone from an on-screen position is much easier. Here are a few ways you can do it:
1. Scheduling Power off and Restarts
You can schedule power off and restart manually on your phone using apps. When the set time comes, your Android phone will automatically restart itself. Also if you update your OS, then the phone may restart again automatically.
2. Using Apps to Wake the Screen up
There are a few apps that can be used to wake the phone screen up from sleeping mode when the phone is already on. Some of them are:
This app uses your phone’s sensors to automatically wake up and put on sleep your phone’s screen. You may use the sensors on your phone to detect anytime you pick it up using this app. You can adjust the app and access a variety of additional options by going to its settings.
When you place your phone in your pocket, purse, or even on a table, the gravity screen automatically shuts off the screen. The app will light up the screen once you place it back in your hands. There will be no need to press any buttons using this software. The software is free to download and install from the Google Play Store.
2. Volume Power
As the name suggests, this app shifts the controls of the power button to the volume buttons. Once the feature is enabled, you can use this app to use your volume buttons to lock/unlock your screen and to shut down/restart the phone.
Also Read: YouTube Thumbnails Not Showing 2021: Fixed!
An Android phone can be restarted from any position. Whether switched on or off, we have tried to enlist and explain multiple ideas on how to restart Android without power button. When your phone’s power button stops, you may rapidly reboot it using the following techniques on how to restart an Android phone without a power button. We are open to all suggestions and ideas from your side too and would love to have them.