Passwords provide the first line of defense against unauthorized access to the device and personal information. If the password is strong and a bit complex, the device will be more secure from hackers and malicious software. One must keep a strong password for all the accounts on the device. These complex passwords are hard to remember and are forgotten often. A device like an iPad or online subscription accounts is forgotten easily as you log in to them either through Face Id or OTP. In this article, we will discuss how to unlock an iPad without a password? We will also discuss the various ways to get backdoor entry or reset a new password.
If you forget the iPad passcode (for your privacy and security) or repeatedly enter it incorrectly, the iPad is disabled and will no longer accept the passcode – you can still unlock it. You can reset the iPad, using its recovery mode or the computer you synced with iTunes, but you may not be able to access data that you have not backed up on the device. Don’t let anyone convince you that you need help from a professional.
Following are the ways you can try how to unlock an iPad without a password. If there are no solutions that work for you, then I would only recommend that you go and seek professional help. Now, let’s get started:
How to Unlock iPad Without Password?
There are majorly 3 ways to unlock an iPad without a password. They include iTunes, Find my phone, and recovery mode. Let us discuss various methods one by one in detail and know how to unlock an iPad without a password.
1. Unlock iPad Using iTunes
If a user has a recent backup, he can restore the iPad with iTunes. This will erase all the data along with the password, allowing the user to unlock the iPad, and then replace the data from a backup. For this method, the user needs a Computer or Macbook to run iTunes.
If you’ve synched an iPad with a computer in the past using iTunes, you can use this computer to reset the iPad, if you’ve lost the passcode. The process is the same, regardless of whether you have an iPad Mini, iPad Pro, or another model, and is fairly similar to the process for an iPhone or iPod Touch.
Follow the given steps to unlock the iPad without a password using iTunes:
1. Open iTunes and then connect the iPad with the Pc/Macbook with a USB cable to start with the process.
2. Force the iPad into recovery mode. To force the iPad, there are 2 ways:
3. If you have an iPad with Face ID, quickly press the Volume Up button, press the Volume Down button, and then the Power button until the recovery mode screen appears on the iPad.
4. If you have an iPad with a Home button, press and hold the Home and the Power buttons at the same time until you see the recovery-mode screen.
5. The computer will show a dialogue box that says there was a problem with your iPad. Click “Restore.”
2. Reset iPad with Recovery Mode
If a user has not synced the iPad with a computer or does not have that computer, he/she can still restore the device, using its built-in recovery mode. Users will still need to use a computer with iTunes. Users can borrow one at a location like a library, cafe or bring the iPad to an Apple Store location.
1. Connect the device to the computer and open iTunes.
2. Hold the home button, and the top or side button. The recovery mode screen will appear
3. iTunes will ask if you want to “Update” or “Restore” the device. Choose “Restore”
4. After choosing Restore, the Device is restored to default settings.
Since you haven’t synced the iPad with iTunes, any data you have on it will be lost, unless you have some other backups. You can again set up a new password but do not forget to write it somewhere safe.
3. Unlock your iPad Using Find My iPhone
If the User does not have iTunes installed on the computer, one can use Find My iPhone as long as you’ve previously enabled this feature. One can simply use the Find my phone website and reset the iPad
1. Open https://www.icloud.com/find and log into your iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
2. Click ‘All devices’ and Select the locked iPad.
3. Select ‘Erase all contents and settings’ or choose ‘Erase iPad’.
4. Confirm clicking ‘Erase’. By choosing this Step you agree that all your data can be deleted and you have already backed up the data.
5. As soon as the process completes, the iPad is reset and all the data is lost. You can reset the password.
4. Unlock iPad Using Third Party Applications
There are various ways to unlock the iPad mentioned above and if none of them works, the User can use third-party applications as well. There are several applications such as:
1. Dr. Fone – Data Eraser (IOS)
2. UltFone Repair application
Users can use such third-party applications to Reset the iPad. However, we do not recommend Using third-party applications for such purposes due to Privacy and security reasons. One must avoid using other untrusted applications for such purposes and consult a technician or official store.
Also Read: How to Restart Android Without Power Button?
Getting your iPad locked and losing your password is tenacious. But we hope to solve the issue of how to unlock the iPad without a password. Several ways are suggested above. Now you can disconnect your iPad from your computer and use it regularly.
Hopefully, this helped you remove the passcode from your iPad. If you still deal with such a problem, feel free to contact customer support to solve this problem. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, we would love to hear from you! Type everything in the comments below!
Leave a Reply