It is very annoying when you send a message to someone and it doesn’t reach them or they don’t reply by a certain time. This can be a result of an issue on your end or with the service providers. Certain good service providers around the US provide telecommunication services to take care of these issues. One of them is Verizon.
Verizon is a wireless telecommunications, internet, or broadband service provider which is quite famous all around the United States. But recently, its users have been facing a common problem of Verizon not receiving texts on their smartphones. Thus we are here to solve your issue ASAP.
- 1 Verizon Not Receiving Texts | Answering Every Why and How
- 1.1 Why is Verizon not Receiving Texts?
- 1.2 Fix 1: Restart the Phone
- 1.3 Fix 2: Try turning on/off the Airplane Mode
- 1.4 Fix 3: Disable the Power Save or Battery Save Mode
- 1.5 Fix 4: Update the Verizon App
- 1.6 Fix 5: Try clearing the cache memory of the Verizon
- 1.7 Fix 6: Try Updating your System Software
- 1.8 Fix 7: Try the Verizon Troubleshooting Option
- 1.9 Fix 8: Try the Verizon Customer Support
- 2 FAQs
- 3 Conclusion | Verizon Not Receiving Texts
Verizon Not Receiving Texts | Answering Every Why and How
Verizon is a well-known company that has been delivering its services all around the US for a very long time now. And for this reason, it has now become a trusted brand and the prime choice of customers. But to its customer’s disappointment, there has been a common issue Verizon customers have been facing recently, which is Verizon not receiving texts. And they don’t know the reason behind this or how to get rid of this problem.
But the good news is that there are some solutions to this problem. These solutions have helped people solve the problem and continue using the company’s services without any hassle. Before we jump on to the solutions, let us know the main reason behind this problem and why many customers have recently faced this issue.
Why is Verizon not Receiving Texts?
While it is a common issue, the cause of the problem is unknown. But there is undoubtedly a reason behind this. In any wireless communication, there are three parties involved. This includes the message sender, the receiver, and the service provider. If a message is not received on your smartphone, the fault can be with any of the three parties involved. However, a fault on Verizon’s server is rare, as these companies regularly keep a check on it.
So, if you are not receiving texts, the fault can be either on the sender’s or the receiver’s end. To fix any issue which might be on your end, you can follow certain solutions provided below. Hopefully, these solutions have earlier fixed the Verizon not receiving texts problem and should also work for you.
Fix 1: Restart the Phone
Often there might occur some glitches or temporary issues with your mobile phone when put to use for long hours. This might cause an issue with certain apps, and Verizon can be one of them. Restarting your smartphone manually will give it a fresh start and clear the cache memory gathered due to constant use. After restarting your phone, try opening the Verizon app again, and this time you should be able to receive texts.
You can follow the below steps to restart your smartphone successfully.
- Long press and hold the volume button and side button on your phone; a pop-up option appears on the screen
- Drag the slider toward the Power off option
- In 30 seconds, your phone will turn off
- Now, again press and hold the side button, and in a few seconds, you will see an Apple logo
That’s it. This will successfully restart your phone.
Fix 2: Try turning on/off the Airplane Mode
If the issue remains even after restarting your phone, you can try to toggle on and off airplane mode. This is because there might be some network issues on your side. Toggling the airplane mode on your device will help you establish fresh connections, which might help in receiving texts on your device.
You can follow the steps below to toggle the airplane option on your phone.
- On your iPhone, open the control center menu
- The airplane option is displayed right in front of you; tap on it to turn it on and wait for approximately 20 to 30 seconds
- After this, tap again on the airplane option to turn it off
- Reopen your Verizon app, and the problem should get resolved this time
Fix 3: Disable the Power Save or Battery Save Mode
Most smartphones block notifications for certain apps when put on power-saver or battery-saver mode. This is done automatically by the system settings to save the device’s battery. But no criteria are displayed to the user based on which the notification is blocked for any app. So, if your smartphone is in power-saving mode, your system might have hindered the working of the Verizon app.
Follow the steps below to turn off the power-saving mode on your device. After this, you should start receiving texts on Verizon.
- Open Settings>Battery settings on your device
- Now click on the Power Saver option and turn it off
- Re-open Verizon after a few seconds, and your problem should get resolved
Fix 4: Update the Verizon App
Old versions of apps might create many glitches when used. So, if you haven’t updated Verizon for a long time, you must do so. Even if you have updated it recently, do so, as the company might roll out a major update to fix the text-receiving glitch on the app. You can successfully update Verizon by opening the play store or app store.
After switching to the latest version of the app, your problem should be resolved within no time. Follow the steps below to successfully update the Verizon app either on the play store or the app store.
For Android Devices
- Open the Play Store application on your phone
- In the search bar above, search for Verizon
- After the app is displayed on the screen, click on the “Update” option beside the app’s name
- In a few minutes, the app will get updated
- Close the play store and re-open the app
- Open the App Store on your device
- Now click on your profile picture in the screen’s top corner
- Go to My Apps
- Here look for the messages app
- Click on the “Update” option displayed on the screen
- In a few minutes, the app should get updated.
- Re-open the app once updated, and the problem should get resolved
Fix 5: Try clearing the cache memory of the Verizon
An app might often malfunction because of a lot of garbage accumulated in its memory. For this, you can try clearing its cache memory to give a fresh start to the app. To remove the cache memory, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings>Apps
- Look for Verizon and click on it
- Now, choose the storage option
- Click on the clear cache option that will be displayed on the screen
The system might take a few seconds to clear the cache memory. Once done, re-open the app, and you should start receiving texts now.
Fix 6: Try Updating your System Software
Using old software on your device while updates are available might cause the device to malfunction. This might be why Verizon is not receiving texts and facing unknown issues. So, look out if your system software has pending updates and update it to the latest version.
Updating the system might take a few hours or minutes, based on the update’s size. Once done, you will have to restart your device. After that, re-open the Verizon app, and the issue should get resolved.
You can try the steps below to update your device’s system software successfully. The steps are nearly the same on both android and iOS devices.
- Go to the settings menu and look for the “Software Update” option
- Click on it to see if there are any updates available or not
- If an update is available, update the software
- After updating, you will need to install the update as well
- The “Install Now” option will be displayed after the update is successfully downloaded
- Click on it and wait for a few minutes while your device restarts automatically
That’s it. Your system software is now updated.
Fix 7: Try the Verizon Troubleshooting Option
If none of the above solutions work, you can visit the Verizon Troubleshooting option. Here, you can determine any possible issue that might have occurred with your device, the Verizon app, or any other problem. From the above link, you will be guided entirely through the steps you can follow to resolve your issue.
Fix 8: Try the Verizon Customer Support
Lastly, if your issue still needs to be resolved, you can finally contact the customer support team of Verizon. The option to contact customer support is provided within the Verizon app. After you contact customer support, they will reach out to you in a few hours.
Let them know the issue you are facing, and they will determine its root cause. After this, you will be guided through all the possible solutions that you can adopt to get rid of the problem at the earliest.
Why is my iPhone not receiving texts from Android devices?
There might be an issue with the Verizon app. You can try the above solutions to resolve this problem. If the problem remains, try contacting the customer support team of Verizon to get assistance on how to solve the problem.
What is the reason for not receiving text messages from Verizon?
Text messages might not be received due to errors on the sender’s side or your device. There can also be a glitch in the Verizon app, but this is a scarce scenario.
How do I contact the customer support team of Verizon?
The customer support contact option is given within the Verizon app. You can directly tap on it to connect with a customer support operator of the Verizon app.
Conclusion | Verizon Not Receiving Texts
These are all the possible solutions to resolve the Verizon not receiving texts problem. If you are also facing this issue, do not panic. It is a pretty common problem that a lot of users often face daily. By trying the above solutions, the problem should get resolved, but if it doesn’t get resolved, you can contact customer support.
The customer support team of Verizon will guide you through the solution to the problem, and hopefully, the issue will finally get resolved.
Here are a few more relevant articles:
- Verizon Voicemail Not Working | Here’s How to Fix It
- First Horizon App Not Working | Here’s How to Fix It
Leave a Reply